Monday, July 14, 2014

Least Favorite Movies of 1990




Oh goodness, they’re all 2 movies.


3. RoboCop 2
D: Irvin Kershner
**********
Its ham-fisted satire lacks the naturally tongue-in-cheek tone of the original, and its story isn’t very good, but I like this movie for its violence and cyberpunk visuals.  I know, it’s also on my favorites list.  I guess I have a love-hate relationship with this movie.



 



2. Troll 2
D: Claudio Fragasso
**********
Best Bad Movie, which is an informative documentary about Troll 2, seems to confirm that the motivations behind making this movie were indeed horribly earnest.  This is odd, because it doesn’t really seem like a genuinely bad movie so much as intentionally funny camp in the vein of Army of Darkness and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.  There are so many moments in this movie that have to be intentional jokes.  It’s just inconceivable to me that they’re not.  Oh, well.    





D: Renny Harlin
**********
I stand by my belief that this is the most underwhelming of the series, and that includes A Good Day to Die Hard, which at least has a great chase scene to show for it.  And don’t get me started about the ceramic Glocks…








No comments:

Post a Comment