Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Least Favorite Movies of 1999




Now that we’re in the 90’s, it’s like a trip down memory lane.  Not only were there a lot of forgotten bad movies from the decade of my childhood, it really was like a different era of film.  Say what you will about Episode I, but I think it and The Matrix ushered in a revival of genre films.  Also, since I don’t include movies on my lists just because I’ve seen the Nostalgia Critic review of them, I’m not including The Legend of Titanic, even though it would be in the #1 spot.


6. The World Is Not Enough
D: Michael Apted
**********
When this came out, it was my favorite Bond movie.  When I revisited it as an adult, I couldn’t take all the terrible double entendres.  Shame, because otherwise it’s a solid action movie and has one of the better Bond themes.




 


5. Virus
D: John Bruno
**********
Despite having some interesting and distinctive gore effects, it was just another Late 90’s Monster Movie.


 





4. Deep Blue Sea
D: Renny Harlin
**********
Late 90’s Monster Movie with sharks.  Yeah, we were just making the same monster movie over and over again at the time. 
 








3. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
D: Jay Roach
**********
Despite the addition of a couple memorable characters, most of the attempts at humor in this movie die pretty painfully.






 

2. Galaxy Quest
D: Dean Parisot
**********
Another comedy everyone except me seems to like, but then again I'm not a Star Trek fan.  It just seemed like a lame spoof movie to me.






1. Shapeshifter
D: Philippe Browning
**********
It has some amusingly cheesy moments, but I felt like I had passed through a whole lifetime just sitting through this insufferably boring movie.







No comments:

Post a Comment